DVIdecor Design Blog intro…
My name is Deisi Vazquez, pronounced “Daisy”.
I am an Interior Designer based in Southern California. I work in Residential and Commercial design. This is my first attempt at blogging about what i know. Wish me luck!
I practice the art of what i call Vacation Home Staging, the intentional design of vacation homes to ensure regional rental appeal. It’s a little different than Interior Design, leaning more toward Hospitality Design, because of the homework involved and demographic research that goes into it before you even look at color chips or shop furniture. Aside from furnishings and decor, I also offer an added service, to leave the house turnkey ready with every plate, measuring cup, pool towel, first aid kit and small appliance in place and set for vacationing renters.
I first started this after purchasing our first vacation home. I had 4 days from close of escrow to turnkey furnish our vacation rental before our first renters checked in. It was insane and i would not put myself through it again, but what i learned from that process and all my research has become invaluable to my business and helping others start their vacation rental homes and business off right.
A couple years ago i was asked to be the independent Creative Director for an international upscale casual living furniture company. It expanded my world, introducing me to Corporate Creative Design – having a hand in everything from establishing branding, visual identity and new creative output of the company to designing the new logo, showrooms at the Mart, creating new furniture, planning the new catalog, fabrics and staging photo shoots and the Hospitality Design Expo. It’s been a wonderful experience, i have learned a great deal and I am enjoying it immensely.
My style has been described as comfortable elegance, vibrant and curated. I jokingly refer to it as “Suburban Swank”, livable comfortable elegance. I love sensory surroundings – soothing and relaxed yet vibrant with color and texture, spaces that are tactile and make you FEEL something. Your spaces should reflect not only who you are, but who you want to be.
DÉCOR IS JUST AS MUCH ABOUT THE WAY A SPACE MAKES YOU FEEL AS IT IS THE FURNISHINGS.
The truth is, my favorite job is always my current project, I tend to obsess over whatever I am working on in the moment. Whether it’s a small quick project, staging a vacation home, a furniture catalog photo shoot or a large scale modernization “gut” job – I love it all.
But the jobs that make me buzz with excitement are:
- Busy executives relocating into the state or country and need turn-key homes to move into.
- Vacation Home Staging for themselves or prepared for Vacation Rental as income property.
These give you the big “Wow” moments that we creative approval junkies live for! 😉
RANDOM FUN FACTS:
- Personality Profile: Passion & Innovation – Out of the box, Social, Energizing, Enthusiastic & Creative
- My husband and I have 3 amazing kids.
- We love Palm Springs.
- I think painting rooms is therapeutic.
- LOVE coffee, no really, I loooove coffee
- Making insane diaper-cakes as baby shower gifts is my hobby.
- On our first Thanksgiving, just after our wedding, we found out that both our parents came on the same boat from Cuba February 14th, 1963. They never knew each other. It feels like fate somehow.
- I love jazz and old music – my playlists include Rat Pack, Billie Holiday, Burt Bacharach, and lots of Bossa Nova
- We named our son “Dino” after Dean Martin—really 🙂
- My idea of a dream bathroom has a deep tub, television on the wall, and a deep comfortable upholstered chair (and a coffee maker of course!)
- Random Talent—I can put a nail on the wall without measuring and I’m usually within 1/2 inch from the center.
- I love the word “swanky” – (although I never really use it)
- I hate wasting space! Growing up the two biggest rooms in our house, the living and dining room, we weren’t allowed to step in. It never made any sense to me. A home should be livable.
Thanks for stopping by,